Using HTML Dreamweaver


Starting anything new or developing a new skill is always hard in the beginning. I learned how to play the ukulele all summer and I am still mediocre at it. To become better at something takes a lot of time and plenty of patience. Which is what I had to remind myself as I attempted to code on Dreamweaver as a pure beginner. But I must admit when I did figure out how to do the littlest things it was very satisfying.

The assignment that I had to tackle was making a W, three lines, a solid square, and a gradient square on the Dreamweaver application. Learning how to make the W in class made that one easier than the others. For the others, I had to do some searching on the web to figure out how to make using Dreamweaver a little less complicated.

The first place I looked, of course, was Youtube for some help. I found a very helpful tutorial on how to draw basic lines. The content creator, Framework Television, went step by step through the coding to show me how to make a basic line.

From there I was able to make some more and manipulate the way they look so I got three different looking lines.

I then found a blog that helped me to take note of some of the basic things to remember when coding. It was on a website called LifeWire and it discussed some of the do's and don't of Dreamweaver. This helped me to avoid doing certain things on the application that were unnecessary. The link to that blog is below.

Another great video that I watched was on HTML basics in Dreamweaver by youtube creator Chris Cozort. He went through how to start and close certain tags, how to use certain tags when using text, and how everything that is seen is inside the body tag. He showed some more advanced skills on how to code a webpage which was interesting to watch. This video was a good one to watch even though it is a bit longer he doesn't rush through the steps and shows his progress through the whole video.


From what I learned in class and from these tutorials I was able to code the images below. I was able to figure out how to change the colors of certain shapes, change the sizes, and learn how to code more than one thing on a canvas.



Comments

Popular Posts