About Me


My name is Jessie Tobin and I am a junior at the University of Tampa. I am originally from Naples, Florida but moved around a lot when I was a kid. I lived in New Mexico for five years and Western Massachusetts for seven years. Moving to different parts of the country was hard because you have to leave behind a life that you have become molded to. But it has allowed me to see different cultures and meet so many interesting people. I decided to come back to Florida for college not only because it is my first home but also because I was offered a scholarship to swim. I have been swimming for 12 years and only have two more years left to go. Swimming has always been an outlet for me to relieve stress and focus on myself. I will miss it when it is over, but I still have a lot I want to achieve in the sport. Last year I was named a Scholar All-American and am hoping to do so again this upcoming year. 
When I first came to Tampa, I was undecided and took a ton of random classes to try and figure out what interested me. That was until I took a public relations class and decided that was the career path I wanted to follow. I declared a public relations and advertising major with a minor in journalism in my sophomore year. I am excited to see where this career takes me and want to learn more skills that will help me to excel after I graduate. 

In this class, I am expecting to learn new ways I can be creative by using programs like photoshop and illustrator. I enjoy creating and I want to be able to have more skills in computer programing as I near the end of my college years. To be honest this class was intimidating to me before the semester even started. I am not great with technology, but I do love art. I am hoping that after this class I will be more confident and will be able to efficiently use the skills from this class later on in my career. I am a very open-minded person and enjoy learning new things.  

Comments

Popular Posts