Adobe illustrator


My Favorite Adobe Illustrator Tutorials 

Below are three of my favorite tutorials for beginners using adobe illustrator.
Personally, I can not sit through a 30 to 40-minute video of someone talking over a demo. For the sake of myself and anyone reading my blog, these videos are all less than 15 minutes. The videos give some tips and tricks to operate illustrator a little easier for a beginner like me. 

1. tutvid 


In this video, I learned some new functions and tricks to use illustrator more efficiently. It covers shapes, snap to point, the pathfinder, and colors. The most interesting thing covered was the use of calligraphic brushes when it comes to tracing over sketches and how to apply a base color to the art. Another neat thing that I picked up from this video was that when you double click on some of the tools more options pop up. I was so inspired I took one of my own sketches and retraced it in illustrator following the steps in this video.




2. Spoon Graphics

Though this video was a bit speedy through the steps it definitely was a really cool one to watch. This tutorial shows how to create cool hand lettering style typography. He uses the pen tool to outline the body of a car and then shows how he fills the car using the direct selecting tool to manipulate how the words fit inside the car. In illustrator, it is very easy to move around different points until you are satisfied with how the image looks.


3. Gareth David Studio

This tutorial covers various functionalities of the program and is a basic introduction for beginners. It goes through some great basics like stroke and fill for simple objects and how it is adjustable using the panel. It discusses panel tools and how some tools have various tabs for more options.

Thanks for reading hope this helps!

Comments

Popular Posts