Calligram in Apollinaire's Way




An Iconic Image: Jessie Tobin 

This outline below is known all over the World, and if you don't recognize it, then where have you been? In 1928, Walt Dinsey created the most famous mouse that would eventually become known worldwide. Mickey Mouse is not just a cartoon, but a statement of joy, youth, and childhood for so many people.  


The outline of Mickey Mouse is popular among such a large demographic. There are not many people who do not know this logo, which speaks volumes. The image is so simple but holds so much meaning. I was inspired to transform this image into Apollinaire's way because of what it represents and because it is so recognizable. Mickey Mouse is Disney's main character and he represents the brand and its image. 

I grew up loving Dinsey and watching all the shows and movies they created. I always knew who mickey mouse was at a very young age and when I went to Disney World for the first time my dreams did come true. I met all my favorite Disney princesses and characters like Winnie the Pooh and Tiger. My imagination was expanded as a child because of Disney and being able to feel like your living in a fairytale as a kid is an unforgettable experience. 

The words wrapping around the logo say "Where dreams come true" which is Disney's main slogan. I thought that fit best for the design because it all tied together. I used a reddish-purple color for the text to represent Mickey Mouses clothes. In the end, it says "Disney" in a different front because the companies name is branded in cursive so I wanted to do the same thing. Disney is a place where a lot of people experience joy and dreams come true. I wanted to make something simple but meaningful that anyone could connect too. 


Thank you for reading:)



Comments

Popular Posts