Gradient Mesh


Using gradient mesh is not an easy tool to use on illustrator. When choosing an object for this assignment I needed to think about what I was gonna be able to do decently and something that wasn't too advanced. I thought that because I am a beginner converting a fruit into vector shapes was going to be the best option for me.

I decided to go with the classic apple, which represents learning and development which is something that I am currently doing as a college student. I am also developing many new computer skills in this class that I will be using later in my career. I also love apples and have a ton laying around at my house. I eat fruits almost every day, apples being one of the fruits I eat the most. Below is the picture I based my gradient mesh on.


I knew that I wanted to catch the light reflecting off of the apple because it would bring so much more depth to the image. I knew that I wanted to capture that perfect red color that the apple is recognized for. I tried to capture the image the best I could but the final result is simple and clean. Looking at it you know that it is an apple which I think is a big win for me. Below is the final apple that I created in illustrator using the gradient mesh tool.


Thanks for reading :)

Comments

Popular Posts