Personal Logo


When I had to tackle making a logo that represented myself I wrestled with a couple of different ideas. Of course, at first I thought that my logo needed my name in it but I didn't want it to be that generic. I thought I could do something with delicate flowers or incorporate a four-leaf clover because of my Irish genes. After considering some other ideas I had I realized that the logos that I had first created were too intricate. Below are some of the ideas I first came up with and created on Illustrator. 


I went back to the drawing board and tried to come up with something a little more simple. Since I am a competitive swimmer, I thought that maybe making a fish my logo was a good place to start. Fish spend their whole life in water and sometimes I feel like I have spent most of my life in the water. Then, I was able to incorporate my name into the logo (Jess). The "J" and the "e" became a part of the tail and the two "s" are the gills. Below is my final logo in black and white. 

Finally, I choose three different colors for my logo: magenta, blue, and teal color. I chose magenta because pink is my favorite color but I wanted a darker and more noticeable color to make the logo stand out a bit more. The blue color was to tie in the color of the ocean or water. And the teal color was my favorite out of all three of them because it is one of my favorite colors as well but it also makes me think of the clear blue sea. 



Comments

Popular Posts