B&W to Color



This is the original image that I used when turning it into black and white then making it all sorts of different colors. This was one of the most challenging projects that I have tackled so far in class. But the end results were better than I had excepted. 


Having to make all the colors blend nicely together meant being very precise and having a very steady hand. To do this decently well, I needed to have a lot of patience. I enjoyed choosing the different color palettes for each one of the images. I wanted my images to be colorful and bright. For the shading one, I wanted to stick with the blues since the original photo was taken at the beach. 

Making sure that the outline of my face was still recognizable was important to me. In some of the images, I wanted to keep the horizon of the ocean visible and in others, I did not. Depending on the colors I decided at the end to either make the background more transparent or not. I like the compound image the most out of all six of them mainly because of the finish and the colors.  
 
Shades 


Monochromatic


Complementary


Compound

Triad 


Analogous



Thanks for reading and lookin:)


Comments

Popular Posts