Cyborg Toy



Is she a woman or is she a cyborg? Well, she's both! Below is my final image of myself as a toy cyborg. Read some more down below to know how I did some of the effects and why I made certain choices. 


For my toy project, I decided to make myself into a cyborg. It took many different steps in the Adobe Photoshop application to achieve this final look. First, I made a couple of different altercations to my physical features which included smoothing out my face and taking away the saturation of my skin. I wanted to leave some of my human features in, such as my eyebrows and my hair, because I imagine a futuristic cyborg would include some human features. By adding a filter over my face it created a glossy effect and made my skin look more pristine.

Then to create the separation of my skin and the mechanics under my skin I used the brush tool and drew all the lines where I wanted to be on my face. I then turned the transparency down and used the pen tool in another layer to make those lines cleaner and sharper. By double-clicking those pen tool lines and adding a pressure setting in the brushes I was able to make those lines look like they were opening my skin up. Then using smart filters I made some more altercations by adding the right about of shadows and depth. After that, I added another layer which I placed an image of gears and sent it to the back to create the appearance of the gears under my "skin". Then to make myself look more like I was programmed in a lab I made my eyes camera lenses and added another one in the center of my forehead. 

I included my logo in the middle of my neck to represent, not only myself but the imaginary company that would have created this cyborg. The background is a sci-fi setting that has some great blue and green tones which brings some more color into the overall image. When I look at my final image I see that the cyborg may have come to its sense and is looking into another camera where scientists are observing it and seeing if they succeeded in programing a human-like computer-generated being. 


Thanks for reading!

Comments

  1. This project was executed so well. Great background and complimenting color scheme. Your self-portrait imitates cyborg while still including amazing human details. The camera and logo placement really set the tone for the project and helped highlight the aesthetic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this project and your idea behind it- I definitely never would of thought of doing something like this. I like how you were able to show your real features while still looking like a cyborg. The background also adds to the overall effect as well as each detail such as the crack and metal showing through, as well as your eyes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts